Saturday, June 16, 2012

Growing my investments

This post was originally an essay I wrote for a Money Management class I took at college :)

I’ve created a Monthly Cash Flow Statement in the beginning of February before I even decided to join this class. The money I’m making isn’t from a job I have, but from an online affiliate network.

Basically, affiliates are people who try to sell a product or service owned by another company. When they make a sale they earn a percentage of that sale. This affiliate network is a bit complicated to explain, but I’ll say that you save a lot of time when you invest more money.

In my Monthly Cash Flow Statement I make sure to keep track of exactly how much I’m making each day. I learn that by investing more money I earn a bit more each day. It usually depends on how long I will get the amount I invest back. I leaned that the more I invest the longer it takes to get back. But the more I do it overtime the quicker it gets. My short term goal is to keep investing to grow my earnings. My long 12 month goal is to be able to make a living off this network.

I also learned by personal experience, that wealth is not measured with money or material items. But by time. I noticed that I’m looking for better ways to invest my time, and that some people mindlessly waste it as if they have all the time in the world.

I remember seeing a long line at the festival that looked like a 20 minute wait for to buy 6 dollars worth of popcorn. I thought, “what a waste of time”. And yet this is how some people value there time. If they all had only an hour left to live, they might decide that waiting in line to pay for overpriced popcorn is not worth it. My point is that we are all going to die at some point and no amount of money can buy us more time to live.

So I know that the main ingredient I need to be wealthy is time. Me getting wealthy isn’t going to happen overnight. I wanted to find a way that would make me money all the time. Not just hour by hour, while I’m working at a job. But while I ate, slept, and invested my time in doing things I think are more meaningful. I was finally able to accomplish that goal not too long ago. Now all I need is the time to grow my earnings and make a decent profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment